Collaring Machine for Automotive Silencer Mass Production
In automotive silencer, there is outlet pipe for the exhaust gas. T-DRILL has created a special Collaring Machine for the cold forming of this hole. After T-DRILL process, customer will typically expand & weld the exhaust gas pipe to this hole fabricated by T-DRILL technology.
According to customer needs, T-DRILL will provide individual jigs for each model of exhaust silencer. The positioning and clamping is robust, quick & accurate.
Change over time from one silencer model to another takes minutes, not hours. Typical cycle time of the exhaust silencer production line is 20-30 seconds. In this time frame, all T-DRILL processes can be done, including the work piece change time.
- Movable & centralizing clamp. After collaring process, the clamp will automatically move out from the collaring position to unload/load position.
- The machine is equipped with the pair of light cell for the operator safety, CE mark.
- Individual clamping jigs for each silencer model.
- Quick change over time for clamping jigs and collaring tools.
- One operator needed to operate this machine.
- The machine identifies that the silencer is loaded in a right way prior the collaring process.
- Suitable for Ferritic- and Austenitic Stainless Steel, single- or two material layers.
- Prior the T-DRILL collaring process, customer typically cuts Pilot holes by laser or punching.
- Suitable for common silencer models
- Collar (hole) inner diameter, max ~Ø80 mm.
- Connection for remote service/update.